What an experience this VN is, such awesome writing, deep and likeable characters, and awesome art. definitely worth a read.
Katwa Shoujo is a Visual Novel by Four Leaf Studios, it was released on the 4th January 2012, so its 6 years old now! It Follows the story of a boy named Hisao, who has a heart condition, and transfers to a school that specialises in taking care of those with disabilities, where he meets over the course of the vn many different people, who are:
The Main Characters:
- Emi Ibarazaki - Lost her legs in a car accident
- Hanako Ikezawa - Permanenly Disfigured after a Housefire
- Lily Satou - Born Blind
- Rin Tezuka - Born without arms
- Shizune Hakamichi - Deaf and Mute
- Shiina 'Misha' Mikado - Shizune's Interpreter
The Minor Characters:
- Kenji Setou - Consipricy Theorising Village Idiot
- The Nurse - All around cool guy
- Akio Mutou - Ur Homeroom and Science Teacher, cool dude tbh
- Yuuko Shirakawa - the librarian with life managering problems
Each of the main charcters, bar Shiina have their own route (Shiina is part of Shizune's route)
The Artstyle is superb, and really immerses you into the world that 4LS have made, with some animation work done by the amazing Mike Inel (Got Chips anyone?) and each character is unique and unlike one another, it really helps bring the VN alive.
How's the story? its hit and miss depending on who you gravitate towards to be perfectly honest, though if you want an opinion, I rate the routes as: Hanako>Lily>Kenji>Shizune>Rin>Emi.
Wondering why Kenji is there enev though he's a minor character? well one of the routes you have a MANLY PICNIC with him, doesnt end well though mind you.
Overall, Fantastic and i cant praise it enough, seriously, give it a read, its so worth your time!